Ship Shape: Donate Today
Dear friends of the Nova Scotia Sea School,
The Sea School is unique in its programming approach. Our transformational learning experiences make a lasting difference for the young people in our programs and we couldn’t do it without your support. One tool we use on trips is a story hour each night where the narrative of Sir Ernest Shackleton and his astounding 1914-1917 Antarctic expedition in a small boat helps our crews to gain perspective and ignites in them a sense of adventure and positive leadership. Like Shackleton, participants endure and learn to work together under the very real circumstances of living at sea or surviving in the wilderness. The results are inspiring!
It’s been a great year at the Sea School. Thanks to you:
• We continue to subsidize tuition costs for all participants so no one is turned away
• We can operate two expedition boats and employ 20 instructional staff
• Young leaders continue to grow and evolve through our leadership ark
• Barriers to participation have decreased through effective partnerships and mentorships from our staff team
• In 2016, we saw our highest registration numbers ever, with over 130 youth in expeditionary programs and over 400 youth in day programs
• Our participant retention has increased to 52% from 30% in the last 3 years with more rural youth participating
• We run an award winning all girls program called ‘Take it Outside Girls’ to help build strong female leaders and provide an entry point for co-ed programs
We see major potential to grow and diversify our programs in 2017 to meet increasing demand from youth, adults and groups across the province and beyond.
You can help us do even more great work in 2017 by making a donation. To finish the year strong we need to raise $20,000. This is just 5% of our overall revenue. We are 95% of the way there! Will you help us raise the last 5%?
Gifts can be made by cheque, credit card, online through Canada Helps or through the donation of stocks. You can also make your donation a holiday gift to a loved one.
GIVING TO THE SEA SCHOOL IS EASY:
The Nova Scotia Sea School
5170 Bishop St.
The Sea School can accept stocks and issue a tax receipt. Call for more info 902 423 7284
Individual contributions are deeply appreciated and essential to our success. Become a supporter and you will help provide deserving youth with a life-changing experience. You can direct your support to our bursary program, boat building programs, school-based programs, sail-training expeditions, mental health initiatives and youth leadership programs. All contributions are fully tax deductible and you will receive a tax-receipt.